Friday 24 May 2013

May Matters- Day 24- Wesak Day

 
 
In light of the fact it is Wesak Day, I decided to honour today's post with a Buddhist Theme-Wesak Day is a traditional Buddhist Celebration and is celebrated as a public holiday in many parts of Asia, including Malaysia. I certainly don't mind living in such a multicultural, multi religious country as it means we get many public holidays. In order not to offend anyone -we just celebrate them all. 
 So today is Wesak or Vasak Day.
 
 
From the little bit of travelling I've done since I've been over this side of the world, I've seen many Buddhist temples and statues- But Laos surpasses them all. I loved the gold, the orange, the serenity of it all. 

 Everywhere you turned there was images and statues

 Turn again and there would be more.

 
 There would be offerings and incense
 
 
 And young Monks collecting Alms.
 
 
 Buddhas with calm, serene and peaceful faces were everywhere.

 
 Happy Wesak Day everyone.
 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes Indeed, What you don't see however are the hoards of tourists that are everywhere! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful photos! You're so lucky !

    ReplyDelete

If you'd like to make a comment I'd love to hear from you. Thanks :)